Friday, October 17, 2008

The Finches

"Then something began to hurt Mowgli inside him, 
as he had never been hurt in his life before,
and he caught his breath and sobbed,
and tears ran down his face.
"What is it? What is it?" he said.
"I do not wish to leave the jungle, and I do not know what this is.
Am I dying, Bagheera?"
"No, Little Brother. Those are only tears such as men use," said Bagheera.
"Now I know thou art a man, 
and a man's cub no longer.
The jungle is shut indeed to thee henceforward.
Let them fall, Mowgli; they are only tears."
excerpt from Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book
photos from etsy, drawings by the singer of The Finches (whom are an amazing band from San Francisco that no longer exist)


I hate Thursday nights. 

2 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Lovely story... tears of sadness...tears of joy...

Great weekend to you!

loveology said...

Wow, what an amazing post....
It nearly brought me to tears.

Thanks, dear.

<3
Mila.