Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gravity is not responsible for people falling in love.


Happy first of the month, dears!
Let me start by saying that I am now running on about two hours of sleep.
Which is a safe way of saying that Halloween never fails to entertain.
But since my friends and I haven't had the time
 to carry out our traditions of carving pumpkins and watching scary movies, 
we're going to do that tomorrow!

Before all that I need to find some new note cards...

And I need to buy these Alice and Wonderland glasses and bowls.
I saw them the other day in Boston at Urban Outfitters, 
and though I rarely go in the store, I will happily venture out to one just for these!

Finally, I think I'll let you all have sweet dreams and thoughts of Luigi Masella's photos...

"Hope" is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm. I've heard it in the chillest land And on the strangest sea,
Yet never, in extremity, 
It asked a crumb of me.


poem by Emily Dickinson

3 comments:

mmr said...

those alice in wonderland glasses and bowls are simply brilliant ♥

crystal said...

One of my favorite poems!

makemoremistakes said...

oh lovely! I love those note cards. And the title of this post-it's cute.

I had a horrid halloween actually, it was much worse than I expected. Oh well. I'll have pictures as soon as someone uploads them to facebook...my camera died before I could take a single one!

How was yours dear? It sounds fun fun fun!

xo
angela