Wednesday, March 3, 2010

if gelflings ruled the world


Do you remember that movie, The Dark Crystal?
I couldn't watch it when I was little.
I owned it, but I couldn't watch it.
It sort of terrified me.
The only nice thing I remembered 
from that movie was how much
I wanted to be like Kira, the girl gelfling.
She could talk to animals, had amazing hair, 
AND she could fly.

A few weeks ago, I found my copy of it.
I decided I simply had to watch it, 
to shake the fear out of me.
I guess it stuck with me, because when I was 
going over 3.1 Phillip Lim's Fall 2010 collection,
I couldn't help but think how ethereal the pieces were.
And how good a gelfling would look in them.

ix0he2kzo87bz7o.jpg500d.jpg355w.jpgdarkcrystal1.jpg

3.1 Phillip Lim Fall 2010

philliplim311.jpgphilliplim312.jpg

anyway, it's almost spring, isn't it?
This is the first year I'm looking forward to it..

xo

2 comments:

the notebook doodles said...

i'm glad you still kept what i gave you :p and good luck with your midterm paper!!

wrangler said...

awesome movie bought my sister the dvd last year so we could have sister nostelgia moments over it